1. Oversee flight school's part 141 and part 61 FAA approved documents and processes, including simulators.
2. Develop, maintain, and communicate all procedural and policy changes to the flight instructor cadre. Collaborate with the Dean to ensure procedure and policy aligns with College guidelines.
3. Oversee the initial selection, training, and testing of all new hires. Conduct upgrade and transition training for instructor pilots.
4. Counsel instructors and students concerning the progress of flight training courses. Provide coaching and/or the implementation of action plans as necessary.
5. Ensure all instructors conduct themselves in a professional manner in accordance with established College policies.
6. Administer stage checks, end of course checks, and oversee end of course checks performed by part time flight instructors.
7. Delegate tasks as needed. GPS checks, record audits, talon, vendor communications related to flight operations. ... Continue Reading
Minimum QualificationsBachelor’s degree in an aviation related field.
Flight training civilian and/or military of 3 years and 1000 hours or 1500 hours dual given.
Require 2000 flight hours PIC (pilot in command).2 years as an Instrument Instructor and 250 hours instrument dual given or 400 hours instrument dual given.
100 hours of actual or simulated instrument time.
Ability to fly FAA flight evaluations in outdoor conditions from subfreezing windchill to heat indices up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Must be able to fly in daily Oklahoma weather conditions.
Ability to hold an FAA Class 3 medical certificate.
Ability to be on call outside of typical working hours, including weekends, early mornings, and late nights.
Preferred QualificationsMaster’s degree in an aviation related field.
Experience as a Chief Flight Instructor at 141 school.
Experience instructing in a Garmin-1000 aircraft.
Ability to move aircraft manually using tow bar or with John Deere all purpose utility vehicle.
Experience with MS Office 365, Talon, and Jeppensen Distribution Manager. ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!