• Much of UAS work is in support of the electric industry. Applicants do NOT need previous experience in the electric industry. Applicants DO need a willingness to learn some information about the electric industry, andapplicants DO need excellent piloting skills because we routinely fly within inches of energized equipment.
• Much of UAS work is in support of wildlife conservation. Applicants do NOT need prior experience in wildlife or conservation work. Applicants DO need a willingness to learn how UAS can be used in wildlife and conservationwork, and applicants DO need excellent piloting skills because we routinely encounter wildlife during UAS missions.
• Much of UAS work involves round trip travel from Fort Collins, CO to the mission location. Travel is almost always in the range of 2 days to 2 weeks. Applicants must be willing and able to travel. Prior to 2020, travel usuallyinvolved commercial airplanes. During 2020, in deference to Covid-19, road travel was used exclusively
pilots. Travel in 2021 and beyond will depend on CDC recommendations.• Duties will include substantial communication and coordination with various project managers within to ensure that goals are understood and accomplished on each mission.
• Duties will also include substantial communication and coordination with existing UAS pilots to ensure pilots are available to staff missions, UAS appropriate to various missions are ready for the pilots, etc.
... Continue Reading
• Must have a Part 107 certificate.
• Must be willing and able to travel to UAS mission locations throughout the U.S.
• Must have a valid state or provincial driver’s license.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
• Must have at least a 4-year college degree from an accredited college or university. Degree(s) in fields related to
UAS or engineering (for the UAS aspect of the work), conservation or wildlife biology (for applications of UAS work
in natural resources), or communications or social work (for interactions with property owners) will be particularly
relevant, but any 4-year college degree will qualify. ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!