· Tailors instruction to students' individual progress and previous qualifications, providing instructions limited by daily flight schedule.
· Maintains training folders that accurately reflect student performance and progress, documents student deficiencies and suggests corrective actions, and motivates students having problems with performance or adaptation to the flight environment.
· Monitors aircraft in the traffic pattern and provides aircraft clearance information to maintain safe and efficient traffic flow.
· Acts an area controller and assigns areas to and monitors aircraft in the local training areas, including providing for aircraft separation for arriving and departing aircraft. (IAW SCA Directory of Occupations v.5)
· Conducts Primary and Instrument helicopter flight and ground training to prepare student pilots to successfully complete certification for Private Pilot and Instrument Rating in the Bell 206.
· Provides recommendations to the Task Lead for operations risk assessments and aviation safety mandates and stays up-to-date on regulatory and procedural changes in the flight training environment.
· Gains and Maintains instructor proficiency in the Bell 206 helicopter and develops and executes tailored flight and classroom training sessions in accordance with the standards outlined in the FAA Flight Instructor Handbook.
· Makes recommendations for students to conduct solo flights, cross country flights and to receive FAA certification practical tests.
· Responsible for maintaining student and assigned CFI training folders, and completing required training entries IAW FAA and school requirements. ... Continue Reading
· High School Diploma
· At least 18 years old and a graduate of an FAA approved flight training program that produces a qualified pilot and hold a current FAA Instrument Rating.
· Minimum of two years flight instruction time, hold a Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Certificate, and be able to pass as a minimum an FAA Class II medical examination.
· Minimum of 1000 hours total flight time and 2 years direct experience as a Certified Flight Instructor. ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!