• Instructs Plans flight assignments and obtains briefing information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures, and special instructions.
• Instructs on preparation of the flight plan considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities, and navigational aids.
• Instruct to ensure all required documentation, including aircraft documents, load manifest/dispatch, operations manual, aeronautical charts, etc. are on board the aircraft.
• Instructs to ensure the aircraft is pre-flighted, inspected, loaded, equipped, and manned for the assigned flight.
• Instructs how to the inspection of engines, fuselage and control surfaces for mechanical and structural intergrity. Verifies communications and navigational equipment is functioning properly.
• Instructs supervision of loading and distribution of cargo and passengers and determines that weight and balance is within prescribed limitations.
• Instructs on how to ensure cargo is properly secured and provisions for passenger comfort and emergency equipment such as life rafts, life vests (as required) are on board.
• Instructs filing of FAA flight plan or provide appropriate information to the Comm. Center for the purpose of flight following.
• Instructs operation of the aircraft at a favorable altitude, considering turbulence, oxygen requirements, passenger comfort, etc.
• Instructs to ensure all required flight logs, records, and maintenance forms are properly completed and submitted. ... Continue Reading
• A minimum of 3000 hrs of flight time with 1000 hours PIC airplane, including at least 500hrs of multi-engine, 500 cross-country flying, 100hrs of night flight time, and 100hrs of actual or simulated instrument time, at least 75hrs of which were in actual flight.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
• The pilot in command must be highly knowledgeable of the Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, FAA approved Training Manual, appropriate FARs, Airplane Flight Manuals, etc., and any other instructions pertinent to his/her duties.
• Commercial, Instrument, MEL
• FAA Second Class Medical issued within the preceding twelve calendar months
• Multi-Engine Commercial (ATP Preferred)
Instructing background a plus ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!