The Academic Instructor of Aviation will hold a standard teaching load with assignments through the various levels and types of courses offered in the program.
The Academic Instructor will teach flight-related courses, as well as perform some Flight Instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations in accordance with program needs and in accordance with approved Training Course Outlines.
The Academic Instructor of Aviation will serve on committees at the college, department, and program levels and will provide service to the profession, the industry, and the region.
As a mid-sized aviation program, the person in this position will work closely with other aviation faculty to develop curriculum and guide the scope of the program.
This position allows a qualified candidate to explore many aspects of an accredited collegiate aviation program including engaging in curriculum development, assessment and accreditation efforts, and student recruitment and retention, as well as other duties as required. ... Continue Reading
• Master’s Degree in Aviation, Education, or a closely related field completed by first day of employment;
• Aviation industry experience;
• Current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine;
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Current FAA Flight Instructor Certificate with Airplane Singe-Engine, Instrument-Airplane, and Airplane Multi-Engine ratings;
• Two years flight instruction experience;
• Current FAA medical with at least second-class privileges. ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!