Incumbents serve as Pilot in Command (PlC) during a full range of helicopter missions including but not limited to missions related to fire suppression, are responsible for the safe overall operation of aircraft, and have the final authority for all safety-of-flight aspects of the helicopter operations.
Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Commercial Airman's Certificate with rotorcraft-helicopter rating or a valid FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with rotorcraft-helicopter rating
Valid FAA Instrument rotorcraft-helicopter rating
Current Class II Airman's Medical Certificate issued by an FAA aviation medical examiner (AME)
Must possess current Interagency Pilot Qualifications Card to document training and proficiency in the following firefighting, rescue, and emergency activities:
Reconnaissance and Survey, Mountainous Terrain, External Loads, Fire Suppression, Water Dropping
Must possess or be able to immediately obtain and maintain a valid Interagency Pilot Qualifications Card for Bell 412 and/or UH-l "Super Huey" Helicopters.
... Continue Reading
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (position requirements at entry):
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
• Three (3) years of full-time experience flying as Pilot-In-Command in busy urban Tower Controlled Areas.
• Three (3) years of full-time experience flying as Pilot-In-Command employed by a Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part #135 Operator or equivalent experience
Flying Hours as Pilot-In-Command as Follows:
• Helicopter -3,000 hours.
• Type II or greater turbine powered helicopters - 1,000 hours (10 hours within the past 60 days)
• Mountainous terrain on unimproved landing area at altitudes exceeding 4,000 feet MSL- 1,000 hours.
• Performing low level missions in fire control, map survey, news media, power line patrol, search and rescue, aerial spraying, or seeding operations over mountain or forested areas and over water operations; or comparable military experience - 500 hours.
• Night flying in Type II or greater helicopter - 100 hours. ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!