• Promoting and cultivating a culture that advances client’s Alaska Incident-Free Safety Culture (IFC) and aviation Safety Management System (SMS)
• Complying with client’s safety programs, policies, procedures and practices, to include the proper wear and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Identifying and reporting safety issues and/or irregularities for addition into the Company’s safety database for assessment, risk analysis, follow-up, and corrective action.
• Complying with Company policies and directives; Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations; public law; and any other applicable regulatory requirements
• Operating Company aircraft under the direction of the captain in a manner that ensures safe, compliant, reliable and efficient transport of passengers and cargo
• Performing the duties of Second-in-Command to include but not limited to:
o Checks weather conditions, forecasts, and NOTAMS as assigned by the Captain.
o Performs navigational and communication functions in coordination with the Captain.
o Performs a preflight and postflight inspection of the aircraft and reporting to the Captain when the inspection has been completed.
o Maintains aircraft forms as assigned by the Captain.
o Ensures proper fuel load and distribution prior to departure.
o Participates in fueling of aircraft
o Ascertains that the appropriate navigation charts and manuals are current.
o Maintains working knowledge of aircraft and ground security procedures.
o Assists with loading and unloading of passenger baggage and freight
• Providing ethical and responsible representation for the company when dealing with business associates, officials, and customers per company policies
• Performing other duties as assigned to support aviation operations
... Continue Reading
• FAA Commercial Pilot License with airplane multi-engine land and Instrument ratings
• Valid, current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
• FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
• Valid Passport and ability to travel to Canada for required training
• Must have the minimum flight times as listed below:
• Total Flight Time: 1500 hours
• Pilot-in-Command Time: 250 hours
• Multi-engine Airplane Time: 250 hours
• Multi-engine Airplane PIC Time: 10 hours
• Total Night Time: 50 hours
• Total Instrument Time: 40 hours
• Capable of physically lifting up to 50 pound and pushing 130 loads and able to access all approved areas of the DHC 6 and CASA 212 aircraft including the baggage and cabin areas
• Capable of working in extreme cold environments
• Compliance with DOT-PHMSA requirements ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!