The pilot in command duties and responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:
• Authority to operate the aircraft
• Authority to delay, cancel or discontinue a flight when, in his/her opinion,conditions are unsuitable for the initiation or continuation of the flight
• Authority to indicate a change in the planned flight during the flight when, in his/her opinion, such a change is appropriate for the safe operation of the aircraft
• Pilot in command shall ensure that the flight is conducted in completecompliance with all federal, local and company regulations and policies and procedures
• Responsible for flight planning, taking into account:
o The suitability of weather
o Fuel Requirements
o Weight and Balance
o Oxygen Requirements
o Aircraft Maintenance Status
o Airports, traffic conditions
o Airway facilities along the route to be flown
o Aircraft performance and obstacle clearance calculations for lower than standard visibility weather departure conditions.
• Responsible to ensure that a flight initiated is completed as planned
• Institute all necessary changes as required by enroute conditions such that theflight may continue under appropriate company policies, procedures and rules
• Responsible for conducting the flight in a safe and prudent manner in accordance with, but not limited to the following items:
o Conducting an aircraft pre-flight inspection in accordance with the approved aircraft flight manual and assure aircraft is airworthy for planned flight
o During pre-flight, refer to the aircraft inspection record sheet to assure no maintenance time/calendar limited times will be exceeded during the flight ... Continue Reading
Pilot in Command shall have the following qualifications
• Hold an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with appropriate Aircraft Type Rating
• Obtain and maintain an FAA First Class Medical
• 4000 hours Total Fixed Wing
• 3000 hours Multi-Engine Land
• 2000 hours Pilot-in-Command
• 1500 hours Turbojet
• 1500 Turbine time
• 100 hours Night
• 75 hours Actual or Simulated Instrument
• College Degree preferred
• Effective oral and written communication.
• Must present a team effort approach with great interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Must be proactive, efficient, with the ability to seek out answers and resources as needed.
• Must be able to work flexible schedules, willing to travel worldwide extensively and without any restrictions.
• Must be able to handle the job responsibilities with integrity, discretion and sensitivity to confidential company and employee information.
• May be required to be 21 years of age or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Must be able to pass a required 10-year background check
- Burbank based
- FAR 135
- Type Rating Preferred
... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!