ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accept assignment of Operational Control in the absence of the Director, Flight Operations or Chief Pilot.
2. Serves as liaison between the Director of Flight Operations and with outside agencies such as the FAA, NTSB, or other airlines and agencies.
3. Evaluates aircraft, airports, and navigational aids to be utilized in the Operation.
4. Participates as a member on the Flight Standards Board.
5. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, and in compliance with FAA regulations.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; participate in Safety Program WBAT.
6. Manage company projects for Flight Operations as directed by the Director of Flight Operations or Chief Pilot. Some being the ones listed below and others as they come about.
o Support both AAC / NAC at the HNL Domicile
o Entry into service of new aircraft
o New Area of operation including ETOPS
o Assist with Operation Specifications applications to support new areas of operations
o Supervise Manual support for new projects or regulatory changes
o Support the Flight Operations department on new operational projects
o Support AQP initiatives
7. Other duties may be assigned ... Continue Reading
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• Must hold an airline transport pilot (ATP) certificate with the appropriate ratings for at least one of the airplanes used in the certificate holder’s operations and:
• Minimum of 3000 total flight hours with 1500 hours pilot in command time. Must have no record of FAA or company violations.
• Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate without waivers (Vision 20/20 corrected)
• Must be able to fluently read, speak, and understand English language.
• Valid passport
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience performing employee corrective counseling and mentoring. ... Continue Reading
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!